Kimberly A.R. D’Auria is a graduate of the State University of Buffalo with a Bachelors of Science in Design and Initial Certification in Family and Consumer Sciences from City University of Queens, New York. She has also studied extensively at “The Fashion Institute of Technology” in New York City. Her studies ranged from textile surface, handbag construction and received a certificate degree in millinery.She is currently enrolled at SUNY New Paltz pursing her Masters in Professional Studies in Multicultural Humanistic Education.
Kimberly’s goal in life is to educate the general public to appreciate millinery as an art form. When exhibiting her artwork, she is always enthusiastic to inform people about the old techniques that were taught to her by world-renowned milliner, Ann Albrizio. Kimberly’s unique style is reflected by her love for the old, incorporating the new inspired by the “city”. Her talent for painting and flair for design is her key to newness. Her sense of color and mixing and matching fabrication techniques adds a new twist to her art. Her passion is her love of millinery.
D’Auria Designs Studio’s Grand Opening dedication was in September 2003. Millinery & Fiber Art related subjects would be offered to children & adults along with the concentration of fine arts.
Her work has been shown at:
- Haverstraw Museum in Pennsylvania
- American Craft Museum in New York “Mad Hatters Tea Party”
- James Douglas Gallery, Montgomery, NY 2005
- River Winds Gallery, Beacon, NY 2004 - 2005
- Beverly Arts Center, Chicago, IL Spring 2005
- T.L.D. Design Center & Gallery in Illinois 2003
- The Times Herald Record, NY - Featured article of Modern Milliner – 2003
- Concours International 2001, 2003, 2005 ,2007, 2011 & 2014
Musee du Chapeau in Lyon,France
- Semi – Finalist for “The Hat Designer of the Year 2003” organized by
- The Hat Magazine in association wit SWAROVSKI of London.
- Three hats published in “Classic Millinery Techniques”- Lark publication.
- Estivales du Chapeau, Caussade- France 2006
- Howland Art Center, Beacon, NY 2006
- The Hatty Award, USA 2009
- Orange Magazine, NY 2012
- Fashion Institute of Technology, New York, NY - One Block 2012
- Westchester Arts -White Plains, NY 2014
Click on logo to see the award.